Monday, December 5, 2011

Memory Monday.



I wanted to do my first "memory monday" on someone who means the world to me. This is my grandpa Jose Leal. I lost my grandfather to kidney failiure on February 10th, 2004. By far the most devistating day of my life. he was my inspiration for doing what i do. He used to call all the time and make sure i stayed on track with everything. The last time i saw my grandfather alive was in august of 2003. His last words to me that day we're " te quiero mucho.. esta va ser la ultima vez que me vaz a ver vivo" *translation* i love yu so much..this is gunna be the last time yu see me alive"
and that it was.

im breaking down in tears typing this.

i lost the man that was my everything. i held no love or respect for another man. years later i find myself still recovering from this loss. my ma says yu never really get over a loss like that. i think about him everyday. his picture sits right next to my bed and hes my waking sight everyday.

i love this man so much i have his name tattooed on my body. even tho i didnt cry at the tattoo place i cried on the way home knowing that he wouldnt be able to see his name on my body. i often feel lost without him bt i remember the things he taught me.

there is no greater man on earth than my grandpa.
believe that.

te quiero mucho abuelito. i cant wait to see yu again.

No comments:

Post a Comment